Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Hallo-week!

Happy Hallo-Week! from Desserts for Breakfast!  *Mwahahahahahahaha!*




Halloween is an Event with a capital 'E' in my household.  Since my junior year of undergrad, I've hosted a Halloween bash, and each year, it just gets better and better (or, shall I say spookier and spookier?).  *cue mood lighting*


Homemade Blood Candles

There's just something about Halloween that makes it so much fun.  Like the excuse to eat tons of candy and sugar!  Or the total kitchiness (is that a word?) of those cotton cobwebs and plastic spider rings.  And the permission to dress up as someone or something other than yourself!  Escapism at its best.  And, the best thing about Halloween for me is that it marks the beginning of Holiday Season because right after Halloween, it's Thanksgiving, and right after Thanksgiving, it's Christmas, and I looooove my holiday cheer. :-)  So that's just one more reason to celebrate All Hallow's Eve.

Anyways, this week is all about gearing up for my big party on Saturday night.  So each day, all the way up until the Scary Soiree, I'll be posting recipes and stories from my preparations for the party, provided, of course, that my day job doesn't get in the way.

I'd love to hear how you all are planning to celebrate Halloween and what you're doing to prepare for it!  Here's wishing you all a Happy and Haunted Hallo-week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and reading your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by the blog. Happy feasting!